Next: The if else
Up: C Programming
A program consists of a number of statements which are usually executed in sequence.
Programs can be much more powerful if we can control the order in which statements are run.
Statements fall into three general types;
- Assignment, where values, usually the results of calculations, are stored in variables.
- Input / Output, data is read in or printed out.
- Control, the program makes a decision about what to do next.
This section will discuss the use of control statements in C.
We will show how they can be used to write powerful programs by;
- Repeating important sections of the program.
- Selecting between optional sections of a program.